Who I Am
My name is Amina Chitembo, a multi-award-winning British-Zambian educator, Author, International Speaker. I coach and educate people in Leadership Development, Diversity and Inclusion and Book Writing and Publishing.
I am passionate about leadership, especially fascinated by self-inclusion into leadership, i.e. not waiting until someone opens doors for you. Yes, this can come with a lot of rejection. However, you will never know if you do not ask, and winning is for those who try, right? It’s true. I am especially interested in how some women get to the top and what others can learn from them.
I am a PhD Researcher on the subject Migrant Women’s Self Inclusion into Leadership at De Montfort University, Leicester. My research is aligned with the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) agenda 2030. In particular SDG 5 and SDG 10.
I am the founder of Diverse Cultures Ltd which includes;
- Diverse Cultures Publishing, where we help people to write books through book writing coaching, ghost-writing, manuscript publishing and co-authoring opportunity. A great way to raise your credibility, teach, share your story or work, and leave a meaningful legacy,
- Diverse Cultures Advice and Coaching where we help people to increase business success, productivity and profitability and to maintain outstanding levels of high performance leading to a successful balanced and fulfilling life. We provide Leadership Development coaching and Diversity and Inclusion training.
I firmly believe that leading people in organisations helps top leadership teams understand the relationship between inclusive leading, managing diverse teams, human resources management and labour relations in business strategy.
I focus my coaching, training, and research on the crucial role people play as the primary source of competitive advantage. In doing so, organisations that develop their social capital leverage the organisation’s humanistic visions to help them in their professional roles and decision-making.
My areas of interest and expertise
- Leadership development within organisations and at an individual career level
- leadership and organisational transformation and culture
- Diversity and inclusion communication and interpersonal relations
- Modern leadership and managing people in organisations,
- Women’s self-inclusion into leadership.
Awards and Acknowledgements
2018 Award Winner - Promoter of the Year, Creativity Hub Awards
2017 Award Winner - Entrepreneur of the Year, African Women in Europe
2012 Award Winner - Career Woman of The Year – UK Zambian Awards
2012 Named in the top 20 Successful Zambian Women in the UK
2011 Award Winner - Community Engagement and Volunteering
2010 Finalist - Charity of the Year Award, Worthing Borough Council.
PhD in Leadership Inclusion Candidate -2019 -2023
MSc in Leadership and Management
Certified Corporate and Executive Coach
Certified High-Performance Coach
Qualified Further Education Teacher
Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management
Experts Academy Graduate
CPD Standards Organisation Accredited Coach and Trainer.